Thursday, May 10, 2012

Week 15: Final Week

  I submitted my student evaluation form, and I informed my site supervisor that she had to fill out and submit an evaluation form for site supervisors. I will be waiting to hear from either my site supervisor or Professor Franks whether the supervisor has completed and submitted her form.

  As I stated in the form I filled out and submitted, doing an internship for The Association of Virtual Worlds is good for graduate students that are first time interns. The work is similar to all other college course work in that it is basically research and writing. The only things a graduate intern needs to know to work for the Association is how to do internet research and write. The intern should therefore have enough college experience to feel confident and comfortable enough to work for the Association. I am sure most virtual internships include some research and writing, but more experienced interns should seek internships that may be different from their previous college course work and thus be more challenging.

  I completed a final report for my site supervisor, which focuses on the relationship between technological trends and money. These trends include virtual currency, social media, internet marketing, online gaming, and the connection between mobile devices and internet marketing. The report basically is about how these trends may create positive economic changes for businesses.

  If SLIS continues offering The Association of Virtual Worlds to interns, my advice to the interns is to try and improve their internet research and writing skills, and also become more skilled and confident to work independently, since the intern works alone and is not always supervised.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment